On the North side of Ann Arbor Trail between Wayne and Newburgh Roads (Sec. 32), it was the first cemetery in the present city of Livonia. It is a designated Michigan Historic Site. Grantor: Joseph Kingsley in 1815. The Newburgh Union Cemetery Society was formed on November 23, 1832 to maintain this cemetery, however, a single grave of an American Revolutionary war veteran, Salmon Kingsley (died 1827) already existed on this site. The cemetery also contains the remains of three other Revolutionary War vetrans and more than fifty Civil War veterans, as well as many early township residents.
Indexed: Georgia Clark - August 2017
This cemetery is also known as:
Newburgh Union Cemetery