On Haller Street, between Ann Arbor Trail and Joy Road, just East of Middlebelt Road (E1/2, NW1/4 Sec.1 , T 2S, R 9E). First known burial was that of David Van Akin, eleven-month-old son of Sally and General Lawson Akin in 1851. A non-denominational church and the grave yard (cemetery) was platted in 1864. Grantor: Lawson A. Van Akin to the Free Methodist Church of Nankin in 1876. The adjacent acre south of the "Van Akin Cemetery" was sold in 1940, and the "Memorial Park Cemetery" was established on this site. In approximately 1990 the Memorial Park Cemetery was purchased and merged with Maple Grove Cemetery.
Indexed: Georgia Clark - September 2017